What is the Community of Catholic Women? Each and every woman in our parish has gifts from God. True joy and faith can be lived when we use those gifts in a loving group. This is the CCW.
Who can join? Any woman in the parish! We are new parishioners, longtime residents, retirees, working moms and more.
Our mission at Our Lady of Grace Church is to act through members to support, empower and educate all Catholic women in spirituality, leadership and service. It’s a wonderful opportunity to experience faith and friendship.
Here is what that looked like in the past year:
- Our spiritual lives are enhanced with community Masses and a Lenten day of prayer.
- We support and assist other ministries and groups in the parish with the hospitality of food and refreshment.
- We help fund youth activities for Faith Formation and the Youth Group.
- The community agencies of The Pregnancy Center and Citrus County Abuse Shelter Association (CASA) receive many donations of items during the year.
- The joy of our lives is shared through fun events. Bus trips, fashion shows, crafts, and games are just a few examples.
- We gather in prayer for deceased members and also have an annual Mass for deceased spouses.
- Fundraisers provide fun for the community and parish and a means of supporting special projects. Tricky Tray is the big event with a fun morning of drawings for beautiful gift baskets and gift certificates.
- Our board hosts and serves the May luncheon as servant-leaders.
There is something for you in the Community of Catholic Women at Our Lady of Grace. See the bulletins for weekly updates. Annual dues are $7 and membership envelopes are in the church literature rack.